Wednesday, January 13, 2010

why a blog ?

Many of you are probably wondering why a college student, such as myself, should add one more thing on her list. The answer lies in the following reasons:

- Facebook statuses do not satisfy me anymore. Behind every facebook status I write, there is a story. You have no idea how hard it is for me to sum up my day, thoughts, and emotions all into one sentence. Now, my anxiety is gone. With a blog, I can share my day, thoughts, and emotions with you--to the extent that is appropriate.

- One step closer to being a writer. I have great aspirations of being a famous author. Maybe my blog will end up like Julie's in the film Julie and Julia. All I need is creativity, a lot of followers, and soon my life will be recorded in a book and made into a major motion picture!

- Friendship. Talking and sharing through this blog will develop a sort of kindred spiritship between me and my blog, and between me and my readers.

- Personal Ego. I want the world to know about me! For some reason I think I have a fascinating enough life for people to want to know all about it.

Although I am sure I will think of two more really good reasons once I finish this post, these four will have to suffice.

2 comments:

  1. Linds -

    I LOVE YOUR blog! You are too cute. I ran into your mom at a basketball game and she told me you had started your own blog. She advised me not to encourage you BUT I love your blog. I just read through all your posts. Hope you are doing great!

    Love you,
    Anne K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I just now saw this! I'm super happy that you're following my blog. Although it does add more pressure....!!! haha, thanks for the encouragement! Love it! and I miss you TONS!

    ReplyDelete