"Edelweiss" is a song from the movie Sound of Music. Edelweiss is a kind of flower in Austria. The song has a beautiful melancholy tune. I've been listening to it a lot lately. A week ago last Monday my older sister moved back to France for another 2 years; Friday my younger sister moved to college for her first year; Saturday my Grandpa died. As I walked around the house Saturday it all seemed very empty. So many changes so fast. Needless to say, I've been feeling rather melancholy lately and "Edelweiss" is the perfect song to listen to. It makes me think of the part in Sound of Music where Captain Von Trapp is singing it before hundreds of people, on the night he's about to leave his home forever. He starts crying and Maria comes in for support. It's such a beautiful heart-touching scene. If you have not watched the Sound of Music it's a must see!


No comments:
Post a Comment