Tomorrow morning my parents leave for Niger, which means that our family will once again be on three different continents. No matter how many times I do it, saying goodbye never gets easier. I love my parents. Last night as I journaled before going to bed, I wrote down the following blessings.
- I'm blessed to have a dad who holds my hand as he prays for me.
- I'm blessed to have a mom who is my best friend--who knows me best, who speaks truth, who gives hugs of comfort, and who always listens.
- I'm blessed to have a dad who still loves to take care of his princess!
- I'm blessed to have parents that still always tell me they love me.
- I'm blessed to have parents who have made the Lord their Greatest Good, their Constant Stay, their Redeeming Hope.
Starting tomorrow, our family map will look like this:
I think I just might go cry now.

Those blessings are HUGE, Lindsay! Trusting that you'll know the peace of God even in the face of difficult goodbyes.
ReplyDeletemade me tear up! wonderful Truths to cling to though.
ReplyDeleteYou are so precious and so loved. You are right-goodbyes never get easier.
ReplyDeleteLindsay, you express yourself so well. Hold on to those blessings and many, many more! You are blessed with wonderful parents and we hurt with the goodbyes also. Praying for you today in a special way.
ReplyDeleteTotally made me tear up!!
ReplyDelete