25 Bucket List #2
On our run a week ago Monday, we passed by the donut shop that is a couple of blocks from our house. I told Sherlynn one day before we move we needed to go get donuts there early in the morning. In fact, why not add it to our bucket list? So, we did! And we went...the very next morning. Our goal was to arrive at the donut shop shortly after it opened, which was at 4:00 AM! We woke up a little before 4:30 and headed out into the chilly darkness.
Thoughts running through my mind as we headed out the door: "This is stupid." "I want donuts." "Donuts are full of calories." "I still want donuts." "I'm so cold." "It's okay, we're getting donuts!" "Donuts!!!" "Who does things like this?"
Pastor Dave, when you said one of the blessings of being single was being able to do things married people can't, is this what you had in mind?! :)
We brought the donuts back and ate them with some nice strong and much-needed coffee.
Peanut-butter chocolate donut with nuts! Yummh!
When you usually get up at 5:00, 4:30 really isn't that much earlier!
What a fun blog and fun memories. Love you my girl.
ReplyDeleteNow I want a donut. And Lincoln says what's the big deal...he always is up at 4:30 to eat :)
ReplyDeleteNot too many things that are worth getting up early for, but I think Lincoln and I agree!! Food (namely donuts and coffee!!!)
ReplyDelete