Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

Finally, the temperature has risen. Today it reached the high 80's and there was no way I was staying inside no matter how much homework I might have. Sherlynn and I went to the park.




It's right across from our apartment. I think I've told you that before, but it's just so super handy to live by a park!



I love flip-flops, and green grass, and dandelions. I know, I know, they are irritating weeds, but I love the beautiful contrast between the bright green and yellow.



This is everything I brought with me for my afternoon excursion in the park:
- Sherlynn
- a soccer ball
- my tennis shoes that I didn't end up wearing. (My poor feet are paying for it now. They are red and bruised!)
- a frisbee, which I also didn't use. It was REALLY windy.
- a water bottle hidden in my bag
- a textbook to read (I think I read about 4 pages! Remember, progress not pefection!)
- my phone
- a blanket to sit on (Notice: it's the American Flag. Not an actual American flag, that would be treasonous, but a beach towel with the American flag design.)




This last picture I took to show you the kind of place you don't want to live. Yes, it's close to a park, but it looks like a haunted mansion. I can''t imagine what it must be like to live there. During the winter when the trees are bare and moving back and forth in the wind, I can just imagine all kinds of horrible things happening inside.



But I hate to end on such a scary note.

Although I have no pictures, tonight I made a strawberry pie (again) and invited some friends over to homework (I'm changing that into a verb) and partake in the scrumptious dessert. We ate the entire pie!

2 comments:

  1. I want a piece of that pie!! =] I can't wait for you to come to Hesston! We will have so much fun! Bring some of those great supplies with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U and your imagination only you would think that the house would be haunted. I love u and miss you cant wait to see u in a few weeks. That sounds like fun i wish I could be fun i wish i could play in a park but it snowed here.

    ReplyDelete