Sunday, May 27, 2012

Someone to Remember

In the US, this weekend is Memorial Weekend; a time to remember and honor those who have died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Although my Grandpa Dorsch didn't die in combat, he loved and served his country with his whole heart. Bird City does a great job of celebrating Memorial Weekend. Our family had the honor of participating in the ceremony a few years back. I was always so proud to see Grandpa and Uncle Normie standing up.

 My grandpa is the second one on the left.

Uncle Normie

 
An American flag blowing in the wind is one of the most beautiful sights in the world.

This year, there will be flag flying on Grandpa's grave.
I couldn't be more proud of you, Grandpa.
You are dearly and infinitely missed.
How I long to play one more game of Pinochle with you.
Grandpa, you are truly Someone to Remember.
I love you.

1 comment: